Self Build Insurance

Self Build Insurance

A self-build or Extension during construction including renovating your home needs buildings insurance.

What is self build insurance

A self-build insurance policy provides cover protection if you are building a new house, adding an extension or renovating an existing property in Ireland.

As the property owner you will be responsible for the project management of the site; so whether you undertake the work yourself or hire general contractors, you’ll need appropriate self-build insurance cover.

Choosing to build your own home is not without risk, so it’s not the type of decision that most people make lightly. A self build project can be a very costly endeavour, even when things go to plan; and when things don’t go to plan you might find you’ve bitten off more than you can chew. There’s a lot to be said about having peace of mind so you can concentrate on construction; that’s why it’s vital that you get proper advice and choose the best insurance policy before beginning work on the project.

What does self build insurance cover