Can’t get insurance cover for RAS tenants? We can!

Tommy Power

Tommy Power

Share on facebook
Share on whatsapp
Share on linkedin

We’ve got highly competitive premiums for landlords who rent out properties under the RAS scheme

Top Insure is delighted to announce that we now offer specialist Landlord Insurance policies for properties let to RAS (Rental Accommodation Scheme) tenants. RAS is a social housing initiative and was introduced to help find accommodation for people in receipt of long-term rent supplement.
Under this scheme, local councils are responsible for the management of the property and its tenants. If your property falls under the RAS scheme, then you require specialised Landlord Insurance cover which the majority of insurers will not offer. If you are lucky to get an insurer to accept cover, they tend to charge very high, often exorbitant, premiums.
We have noticed that many landlords are unaware of this specialised insurance cover and often take out a standard landlord policy. Unfortunately if this is the case you will NOT be covered in the event of any future claim. This is because your policy would be cancelled due to not disclosing the fact the property was being rented under the RAS scheme.
It is therefore important to make sure that you got the right cover in place to protect your investment. While the market is restricted, we at Top Insure have specific products to cater for properties rented under the RAS scheme. Generally speaking, premiums for properties insured under the RAS scheme are higher than standard rentals but we have a number of insurers to cater for this specific risk so our quotations are some of the most competitive around.
Moreover, our friendly, knowledgeable staff will work hard to get you the right cover at the right price. So what are you waiting for? Give us a call today and see how much you could save with Top Insure. Alternatively, you can request a callback for a ‘Landlord Insurance for RAS Tenants’ quote with a member of staff over the phone.